International Student Enrollment Process
Admission to HGCS is based on the following:
- Skype/WeChat/WhatsApp interview with school official
- Completed online admission application
- Prior academic and behavioral performance
- Standardized test scores ( TOEFL Jr. 750+ and SLEP 50+) *willing to discuss other testing options
Complete the following forms and return to the International Admissions Office for processing:
- HGCS online admission application
- TOEFL Jr. or TOEFL Test score sheet
- Middle and/or High School transcripts (translated into English)
- You will be notified by email.
- Pay the enrollment fee of $250 (non-refundable).
- HGCS official will mail the I-20 if student is accepted.
- Students must arrange an interview with the U.S. Embassy in their respective country to obtain an F1 visa.
- HGCS Student Coordinator will contact student/agent with homestay information if homestay is required.
Full payment must be received prior to the first day of school before the student can be enrolled.
Submit the following forms:
- Proof of health insurance
American Benefit Services (Short Term Medical) - Call 843-214-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- International student immunizations form
- Current physical or health exam
Admission & Re-enrollment Policies:
- If full payment is not made prior to the first day of school, the student’s application will be placed on financial hold.
- A student cannot attend school until financial arrangements have been made.
- Re-enrollment to HGCS is not automatic.
International Tuition/Fees include:
- Orientation prior to the start of school. Students will be able to meet HG students who will also guide them through the orientation process.
- PSAT/ ACT testing
- Weekly meetings with the International Student Director to set goals, discuss grades, for general encouragement and communicate problems.
- Reports to agencies and families of student’s grades, progress, struggles, and successes.
- Transportation to and from the Charlotte airport at the beginning and end of each school year.
- I-20 maintenance
- Daily School Lunch
- Athletic Fee
- Chromebook/Technology Fee
- Local College visits
- Class field trips
- Extra required class reading books
The application/enrollment fee is due at the time of application and is non-refundable.
Students who withdraw any time after school begins will be assessed the Early Withdrawal fee of $500.00 and 50% of the International Tuition. No refunds are given for planned school trips or missed lunches.
High School International Tuition (including host family stipend of $1,100.00/month) - $28,000.00
High School International Tuition w/out HF stipend - $17,000.00